1) Solar energy is a renewable source of energy.
2) Which of the following is NOT a type of solar energy?
3) Which of the following is true about solar energy?
4) How do solar panels work?
5) Solar PV systems are made of semiconductor materials that convert sunlight into electricity.
6) Which of the following isn't a solar PV technology utilized today?
7) Which of the following isn't a basic component of a solar energy system?
8) On-grid solar PV systems are connected to the grid, while off-grid solar PV systems are not.
9) Charge controllers regulate the direct current (DC) from the solar panels to prevent the batteries from overcharging.
10) MPPT charge control devices are more efficient than PWM charge controllers.
11) What is a solar inverter?
12) Which of the following is NOT a type of battery storage for a solar PV system?
13) Which of the following is NOT a type of inverter?
14) Which country has the world's largest solar energy infrastructure?
15) Which US state has the most solar PV installations?
16) How many times would the world's power needs be met if all the sun's rays were concentrated on the Earth's surface?
17) How long does it take for sunlight to reach the Earth's surface?
18) About what percentage of the US's energy needs is met by solar energy?
19) Which type of solar panel has the lowest efficiency per unit of installation area?
20) It is possible to harness solar energy at night.
21) It can be possible to use solar energy at night.
22) Which of the following is NOT an example of an active solar system?
23) What is the program that allows homeowners to sell their surplus electricity to the grid?
24) On-grid solar PV systems don't work during a blackout.
25) Off-grid solar requires enough batteries to get through the night and cloudy days.
26) Off-grid solar is NOT a viable option for buildings in remote areas where grid-tied electricity is unavailable.
27) Solar Panels still work during cloudy days.
28) Which of the following solar panel technologies is the most efficient but also the most expensive?
29) Which of the following charge controller technologies can couple non-matching voltages from panels and batteries, allowing the most energy to be extracted from a solar PV system?
30) Which of the following does NOT belong to a solar thermal system?